Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Finally!

I have added to my mileage...362.5 miles to go!

For dinner tonight:

Not-your-average Potato Salad


4-5 medium redskin potatoes
1 can black beans
1 can whole kernel
1/4 c. green onion, chopped
1/4 c. dill, chopped (or cilantro)
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
feta (I won't tell you how much because I use more than most humans would, so however much you want!)
1/8 c. canola oil
1/4. c. red wine vineger

Chop potatoes in small chunks and boil until fork tender. Drain and put in mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and gently mix everything together. Best if allowed to sit for a few hours.

Lots of protein, fiber, and veggies!

Some tips:
I boil my potatoes and rice in about 1/4 chicken broth and 3/4 water.
I had another good tip but I can't remember it now :)

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment